Monday, January 23, 2012

Another quarterly installment!

I'm back to experimenting with this blog again.  I do that every few months or so!  It's especially important now that I gave out our new address to all our friends!  Below you will find some shots of our precious Elisabeth with her first ponytails.  Can you find them???? 




Late this fall we went fishing for the first time (officially---with our own rod) with Grandma Jackman.  I was anxious to try filleting for the first time.  Grandma caught lots of fish, and I caught all of one.  E. wasn't sure what to think of it all, but she gingerly touched a few of the fish.  I enjoyed filleting more than fishing.  It's taken me a long time to get to this point, but loving to eat fish as I do, I knew I needed to learn how to do the "dirty" work.

 And of course, cooking applesauce is always a necessary fall duty.  E. is turning into quite a mama's helper.  She spends very little time playing with her toys at this stage of her life.  Now it is most meaningful to her to spend time helping me with all my duties.  It is astonishing to me how she is catching on simply by watching.

I'm going to try to post more pictures very soon.  I think I'm learning the hang of how to do it on this old dinosaur computer.  Fortunately, I have discovered how to copy pictures straight to a CD, from which I can pick and choose on an online photo editor.  I don't like to bog down this poor machine with lots of pictures, much less a photo-editing program.  How thankful I am for highspeed internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment